NACO supports each Nevada county to fulfill their unique vision for a healthy, thriving, resilient community
NACO provides the following navigation and supports to counties:
- Survey Existing Public Health Programs
- Identify Successes and Gaps in Public and Behavioral Health Programs
- Analyze local, state, and national data to inform on the ground decision-making
- Develop formal proposals as needed for improving, restructuring, or adding new Public and Behavioral Health Programs
- Monitor Public Health Policy
Bridging Local Needs to State/Federal Frameworks (see the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Public Health Forward: Modernizing the U.S. Public Health System report below).
Opioid Recovery in Nevada
As signatories to the One Nevada Agreement, county governments and their community partners across the state are mobilizing to conduct opioid recovery needs assessments and to develop programs and services tailored to the needs of their communities. NACO supports this work by providing coordination and assistance in developing county opioid needs assessments, resource navigation, guidance on national models and interventions, and coordination with state data analysts and support services.
- NACo (National Association of Counties) Opioids Solutions Center
- State of Nevada Updated Opioid Needs Assessment and Recovery Plan
- Fund for a Resilient Nevada (Includes Approved Uses documents and State grants)
- County Assessments as Completed:
For more information, contact: